Reasons to join Doctors' Health Fund
- No preferred provider arrangements for all Extras benefits - you choose who is best to treat you
- Unique Top Cover pays up to the Australian Medical Association (AMA) list of services and fees
- All hospital policies include Australia-wide ambulance cover
- Added value through our Extras packages, including 100% covered dental check ups once a year for Basic Extras, twice a year for Essential Extras and unlimited for Total Extras(1)
- We offer a generous optical limit of $500 over two years on Total Extras and Essential Extras
- Personalised, quality customer service - receive quick access to expert specialists over the phone
- 96% of our members are satisfied with their membership
- Lower than industry weighted average premium increase in 2017 - see Health.gov.au for details.
Our members with extras cover receive discounts at a range of optical retailers including OPSM, Laubman & Pank, Specsavers and many independent optical providers. For more details click here.
Hospital insurance with more
We offer our hospital products and extras products as standalone products, so you can create a combination to suit you or just take one type of cover. Plus, you can alter all or part of your cover when you need to.
Smart Starter is economical entry level insurance with some exclusions and benefit restrictions. Available only to singles and couples.
Prime Choice is comparable to the top cover offered by other funds and includes pricing options with excess payments.
Top Cover offers unique premium cover.
Top Cover pays benefits up to AMA List fees
With its unique medical gap cover scheme Top Cover offers you complete choice of doctor and a benefit on every claim, just request your doctor's bills be submitted directly to the Fund not to Medicare.
This gap scheme doesn't require your doctor to agree to be paid a specific fee. We simply pay the a benefit to either cover the bill, or cover it up to the AMA List fee. If there is any amount owing after the benefit is paid this should be settled directly with the doctor.
Medical benefits for covered services may be paid under the Access Gap Cover Scheme for the first 12 months if you are upgrading your cover. Benefits are thereafter based on AMA List fees. More Information
Choosing your health insurance
We encourage you to ask questions, we want you to understand your health insurance and be comfortable that it fits your needs
To find out more, browse the website or send as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your questions answered. You can also freecall us on 1800 226 126.
(1) Where the fees are within the range of usual, customary and reasonable charges