As a result there will be some changes to services covered under Smart Starter Hospital that will come into effect from 1 April 2019.
A new name for Smart Starter
Smart Starter will be called Smart Starter Bronze Plus as of 1 April 2019. Smart Starter will be categorised as Bronze Plus as our services will cover above the minimum requirements for Bronze level cover.
These additional ‘Plus’ services are:
- Blood and blood-related conditions
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery (medically necessary)
- Dental surgery
- Podiatric surgery (provided by a registered podiatric surgeon)
- Sleep studies
We have also added three new services to this policy:
- Male reproductive system including the prostate
- Miscarriage or termination of pregnancy
- Diabetes management (excluding insulin pumps)
It is important to be aware that the following services that were previously restricted will now be excluded from Smart Starter Bronze Plus. These services are not commonly used on this level of cover and removing them ensures that we continue to keep premiums affordable whilst covering the services you really need.
- Heart and vascular system
- Lung and chest
- Dialysis for chronic kidney failure
- Back, neck and spine (as a result of an accident)
Click below to view a comparison fact sheet that details the services covered under Smart Starter before and after 1 April 2019.