We are all facing unprecedented times during COVID-19, and we are aware that many of our members are busy responding to this pandemic on the front line. For that reason, our primary focus has been the continued support of members while they support our community.
We have recently introduced a range of support measures to help existing and new members:
- Passing on premium rate reductions of 15% for hospital cover and 30% for extras to all members, for the insurance period covering May and June 2020.
- Deferring our annual premium increase from 1 April 2020 to 1 October 2020.
- Ensuring all members with a hospital policy will be fully covered if admittted to hospital as a private patient due to COVID-19.
- Providing financial relief options for members facing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
- Extending our Extras benefits to cover allied health consultations provided by phone or video.