- Single memberships – up to $500 per calendar year
- Couple memberships – up to $1,000 per calendar year
An excess of $500 is paid per hospital admission until the total amount of excess is paid for the calendar year. The total excess amount applies to the entire membership not each person covered by the membership.
The benefits available under this cover are only payable for services received after serving the relevant waiting period. Waiting periods apply when you’re new to private health insurance or you purchase cover with better benefits or conditions.
- None for accidents
- 1 day for ambulance
- 2 month waiting period on psychiatric services when getting cover for the first time
- None on psychiatric services when upgrading cover. Waiting period can be waived only once a lifetime.
- 2 months for rehabilitation and palliative care, and all other treatments
- 12 months for pre-existing conditions
Gap Cover: Access Gap Cover scheme (AGC)
- Cover for your medical costs according to the Access Gap schedule
- Remember to discuss your gap cover with your doctor prior to admission
- Your doctor must opt-in to the AGC for you to receive benefits - which means you will have little or no out-of-pockets (your gap is limited to $400 per service)
- Read more about the gap here