Even when you’re young and active, keeping well can be challenging to your hip pocket. Whether you’re planning a holiday, new to the medical workforce or managing your day-to-day wellness, our Extras cover can help keep a lid on your pharmacy expenses. It’s another way we have tailored our cover to meet your needs as a medical professional.
Our Extras cover pays 85% of the cost of eligible pharmacy items above our co-payment (currently $40.30 per prescription item) up to your Extras limit (view in Online Member Services). This means an eligible prescription item costing $140.30 will see you receive an $85 benefit from the fund.
What are some examples?
- You’ve travelled overseas and have kept your receipt from the yellow fever and typhoid vaccines you recently purchased and had administered before you left.
- You are a medical student and before your first placement, you had Hepatitis B and Boostrix shots to prevent against these infectious diseases.
- You get hay fever in spring and were recently prescribed an antihistamine nasal spray.
What are the eligibility requirements for my claim?
Prescribed pharmaceuticals are eligible provided they are:
- above our co-payment amount of $40.30 (see above)
- approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration
- only available with a prescription
- not for contraceptive purposes*
How do I claim?
Once you have purchased your pharmacy item/s, you can submit your claim to us via the Doctors' Health Fund smartphone app, email (to email@example.com), fax or post. A valid claim must include:
- a completed Doctors’ Health Fund claim form (our smartphone app has an inbuilt claim form)
- itemised tax invoice and proof of payment
See our Claims page for further information and Terms and Conditions.
*If you have been prescribed a contraceptive medication for non-contraceptive purposes, please accompany a letter from your doctor confirming this with your claim.